Ottawa, ON – February 23, 2016 – CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS improves network resiliency and performance of web services and applications
Ottawa, ON – February 23, 2016 – Storm Internet has deployed the Canadian Internet Registration Authority’s (CIRA) D-Zone Anycast DNS solution to protect its business against DDoS attack and improve the reliability of customer-facing and corporate web services.
- Storm Internet serves Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec with fast, reliable and affordable high-speed Internet services.
- Internet service providers, or ISPs, can improve the performance of key corporate and customer-facing services through DNS security investments. As critical providers of connectivity and communication services, ISPs play an important role in ensuring high standards of cybersecurity.
- With D-Zone Anycast DNS, Storm Internet will experience reduced latency for its web services, enhanced protection from DDoS attacks, and improved performance of its web-based applications including customer email.
- As the most comprehensive Canadian DNS solution on the market, CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS provides an expansive Canadian footprint of servers that help keep Canadian data inside Canada.
Customers rely on our website for email services, payments and support. Having a DNS solution to increase the reliability of these services from two Canadian companies helps us better serve our customers. Choosing D-Zone was a natural fit.
Avedis Menechian, CEO Storm Internet
CIRA is committed to providing Canadian technology solutions designed for Canadian communities. We are pleased Storm Internet, a proud local company, is working to innovate in how they manage their DNS. It is critical that companies see the value in choosing a DNS solution made locally with Canadians in mind.
Jacques Latour, CTO at CIRA
- Get a free trial of CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS: CIRA offers a made-in-Canada DNS solution that is ideal for Canadian organizations. IT Managers can learn more about this service with a free trial. Sign-up at stg.cira.ca
About Storm Internet
Among Eastern Ontario’s first Internet Services Providers, since 1996 Storm Internet Services has focused on continuous innovation and customer-driven service and support that consistently exceed expectations. Storm serves both residential and small-to-medium sized business customers in Ontario and Quebec, and provides high-speed access across 8,000 square kilometers of the Ottawa Valley.
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A Member-based organization, CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada’s Internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.