Customization and flexibility key elements to Ireland’s choice of registry platform
Ottawa – November 19, 2020 – Today, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is proud to announce that .IE, the official country-code top-level domain of the Republic of Ireland, is now powered by the industry-leading CIRA Registry Platform.
The transition to the CIRA Registry Platform was completed earlier this week after months of remote collaboration, made necessary by the global pandemic, between the CIRA and .IE teams to migrate more than 300,000 .IE domain names.
A key element of the project involved customizing the deployment to meet the specific business and technical needs of .IE including registrant contact validation, configurable GDPR anonymization, credit card payments and advanced reporting.
- With 308,000+ domains under management, .IE is one of the fastest growing domain registries in the EU, having registered more than 58,000 new .IE domains in the last year alone.
- The CIRA Registry Platform leverages CIRA’s more than 20 years of experience managing the .CA domain to build an advanced registry platform to support a modern TLD business.
- In addition to powering the .IE domain registry, the CIRA Registry Platform also powers .CA, .SX, .MLS and .KIWI registries, and is flexible and modular to accommodate the needs of any modern TLD.
- The CIRA Registry Platform’s tags feature—an industry first—enables operators to apply advanced business rules to individual domains or domain groupings to adjust pricing and promotions in real-time.
- Many of the platform’s advanced features can be adjusted on-demand, without technical interventions, allowing marketing and finance teams to directly manage and report on a domain’s promotional activity.