The following is a set-up guide for CIRA Canadian Shield for the Sony Playstation 4 option. See all the set-up guides for Canadian Shield.
Before you proceed…
- If you set-up CIRA Canadian Shield on your router/gateway then the whole network is protected and you will not need to set-up individual devices.
- Before changing your DNS settings write down your existing IP addresses in case you need to go back. Go to the bottom of this page to see if you have configured it correctly.
Once you are done, you can go here to test your configuration.
A summary of DNS resolver addresses can be found here.
For the Playstation 4 (PS4), configure DNS settings in the Set Up Internet Connection menu.
- Scroll right to Settings.
- Scroll to Network.
- Scroll to Set Up Internet Connection.
- Depending on the network connection you are using, do one of the following:
- Select Wifi
- Select LAN
- Select Custom.
- Set IP Address Settings to Automatic.
- Set DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
- Set DNS Settings to Manual.
- Set the Primary DNS to:
- For Private: 18.104.22.168
- For Protected: 22.214.171.124
- For Family: 126.96.36.199
- Set the Secondary DNS to:
- For Private: 188.8.131.52
- For Protected: 184.108.40.206
- For Family: 220.127.116.11
- If you are able to add more DNS servers, you can add the following IPv6 addresses:
- For Private: 2620:10A:80BB::10 and 2620:10A:80BC::10
- For Protected: 2620:10A:80BB::20 and 2620:10A:80BC::20
- For Family: 2620:10A:80BB::30 and 2620:10A:80BC::30
- Set MTU Settings to Automatic.
- Set Proxy Server to Do Not Use.
You are ready to go – your PS4 is now using CIRA Canadian Shield.